Thursday, April 24, 2008

This is another one of my Pet Project which is now still under construction after 3 long years of exciting and arduous trip of harship and efforts. This is the first of its kind structure for a mosque which is built entirely in Steel. The mosque occupies an area almost as big as a football field, measuring 120m x 120m of roof area. The dome is 48m in diameter supported by two transfer trusses with a span of 24 and 48m respectively. The structure was an alternative design proposed by my company which involves a significant materials and also shorter time installation period against the original construction schedule. The 24 modular screen walls (24m height) as you can see from the model above are cladded entirely in stainless steel to give the building an extra sheen and lustre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I found your blog via nicolekiss comment... I'm sorry, I lack understanding in architecture, it's simply not my line, so can't comment on things that I'm clueless about. Haha... anyway, the project is a government project?

Feel free to come visit my blog and share opinions with me.

http://cleffairy.wordpress.com